Warm Homes Fund
First time gas connections for fuel poor and vulnerable households
The funding will provide low income and vulnerable households with free first-time gas central heating. The funding is for those who are currently using electric or coal heating but whose home is near to an existing gas main.
– No existing central heating at the property.
– The property is near to an existing mains gas supply
– Privately owned (improvements to social housing cannot be funded)
– Low income household.
What will the funding cover?
– The funding will be matched with Energy Company Obligation funding to cover the cost of the installation of a central heating system. The size of boiler and radiators will be determined by technical survey completed by the installer. Only gas central heating can be funded where no existing central heating is provided.
– A battery operated carbon monoxide detector.
– A pre and post installation Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The EPC will indicate the level of improvement in energy efficiency and expected financial savings as a result of the installation.
– Spot checks on a proportion of the installs will be completed by an appointed clerk of works to monitor the quality of installations.
– Disposal of all waste as a result of the install.
The funding does not cover
– The connection from the gas main to the property. This element must be covered through an application to the Fuel Poor Network Extension Scheme. An Energy Advisor will help each household to complete the application form.
– Redecoration costs
– Other energy efficiency measures such as cavity wall and loft insulation. If the Energy Performance Certificate recommends insulation measures the resident will be asked if they would consent to a referral for Energy Company Obligation funding towards the cost of the install.
All installations are subject to a technical survey completed by the installer to determine feasibility of the install.
How to apply
For more information or to confirm eligibility phone Act on Energy 0800 988 2881
The funding will be available from September 2018 to May 2021 unless allocated prior to this date.